Friday, August 20, 2010

How can you tell your boyfriend that you're angry with him, without risking a break up?

I am 18 years old and my boyfriend and I have been together for over 7 months now, and in some ways sometimes he can be a bit of a jerk. From conversations about having sex, to talking about my friends, and even sometimes not acknowledging me when I enter a room (if he's with his friends). He is very immature when it comes to being in a relationship, as his previous relationship was long distance towards the end, and I've been cutting him some slack lately when it comes to my needs. Long story short, he keeps pushing me to have sex earlier and earlier when we have talked about waiting, he bad mouths all of my friends and none of them like him, and recently it seems like he has better priorities than talking or spending time with me. Now I can be a very nosy person at times and I have seen a few girls that he talks to flirt with him a lot and it makes me uncomfortable, even though I know he would never cheat on me. So, how can I tell him these things that are making me angry without putting stress on him or even worse breaking up? Besides these few things he is a great guy and I don't want to lose him over some silly little arguments. But I have passed my breaking point of holding emotions in and I would like some help and clarification. Am I overreacting? Please help meHow can you tell your boyfriend that you're angry with him, without risking a break up?
u obviously dont like him either so why r u still with him. he doesnt care about ur needs and he sounds pretty selfish so u might as well move on. How can you tell your boyfriend that you're angry with him, without risking a break up?
just tell him, watch your tone while you're doing and ask him if their is anything that bothers him, and with everything you listed, if he wants to break up with you because you want to talk with him, let him go, you are far too young to be in a bad relationship and their are other guys out there that will care about you needs and feelings
be calm and tell him privately. do whatever you can to stay calm. next time he does something like that, just tell him then. don't yell at him though. this will prevent any rage build-ups. if he over reacts to you talking to him- whenever you are doing whatever you can to preserve his feelings- then he may be too high maintenance for you.
You have to let him know how you feel, otherwise it's just going to keep eating at you. He should respect how you feel and try and work on it. And if he's gonna break up with you for expressing your feelings, he's not worth it. You can't keep your mouth shut just to keep peace.
You are 18 years old. Dump this loser and get on with it. The only thing he wants from you is sex, I dont see why you dont see it. Or, you can be really stupid, and go ahead and have sex with him and get pregnant and become ANOTHER teen mom on welfare with no babydaddy. You choose. Dont be stupid.
He's not worth going out, trust me, find someone who respects you and your beliefs, you are not over reacting, breaking up is hard, but why risk a horrible depressing relationship when there definitely is someone out there waiting for you.
Blech. He is dead weight. He will break your heart. You won't get out in time. There is nothing anyone can say to you to make you do anything differently. You have to go through it now so you don't make the same mistake later. Keep your self from getting knocked up!
he wants sex now bc he thinks ur a whore or low class have some pride girl u sound like ur 10 ..really u has sex at 7 months only sluts if he can deal with get a new bf
Why don't you want to break up?
you should just break up because he sounds too immature
I am about to help you sooo much if you will listen:





your man-boy is giving you a 20-20 glimpse into what your future will be like if you remain with him. end of story. If you stay, you get what you choose, if you give into him, he''ll continue to test it...to expand the boundaries of the crap you will take... no amount of promises on his part that he will change will be sincere...just an attempt to keep you, cause who in heir right mind would stay with him and he has to know it. maybe he wants you gone.
Is he the only boy at your school? Don't you think you deserve better?


I'm sure there are guys at your school that would treat you so much better than that. Why would you settle being treated like that? You sound like a sweet intelligent girl and why you would stand for this treatment is beyond me.


You shouldn't be scared that he is gonna break up with you if you voice your feelings and how he treats you. You should be able to talk to him and he should understand and come to a compromise with you.


That's how healthy relationships work.


Good luck
He sounds like he only wants sex. He's looking around and wishing he was having sex with you and every other girl. DON'T GIVE IN! If you had discussed a time, stick to it.





He does sound too immature to be in a steady relationship. I would talk to him and tell him this.


';I feel like the only thing you want from me is sex. I feel like you want more physically in our relationship and I need more emotionally. I don't really feel important to you, I feel like you don't really want to be with me, and those feelings don't really make me want to have sex with you now or ever. I really don't know what you want anymore.';





It sounds harsh, but honestly, you may have to just break up. At least you can do it without him using you for sex first.
He seems like bad news and as painful as it may be, you're probably better off moving on.





There are certainly many problems with him that cause you stress and upset, but the fact that you are worried about bringing up important issues because it might make him break up with you? Huge red flags everywhere - this guy isn't meant to be.





I don't want to make judgement on his character - maybe he's just an *** or maybe he is just not ready for a committed relationship and is behaving badly as a result.





You're young and you have plenty of time and there are plenty of fish in the sea - don't waste the time, energy, and emotion on this guy anymore.





I can gaurantee you that it won't get any better. In fact, it will probably get worse. If these kinds of issues are present after 7 months? And you can't talk to him about it? Not a good set of circumstances.





Kick him to the curb. You'll be better off for it.
Hi, i'm 20 yrs old and i've been dating my boyfriend for 11 months now, so obviously been through the 7 months stage. I realise that because you've come that far you don't wanna lose what you have with each other. But then again it sounds like you aren't really meant for each other?





Do you love each other? It certainly doesn't really sound like it, if you can't be totally happy with someone and notice things you don't like is there really any point carrying on?





6 months down the line you could have found someone much nicer than this guy who isn't pressuring you into having sex, and isn't dissing your friends. Someone who loves everything about you and cares about you wouldn't want to hurt you and if they did you should have no quarms in telling them. If you know he might get really annoyed with you if you tell him this stuff it really doesn't seem like theres much communication there.





Now i'm not saying I don't have little arguments with my bf, but they happen less and less, in the first 2/3 months it was awful and I thought he was going to break up with me but then its got better since then, and since 6 months we've been totally happy, totally unafraid to let each other know what we think and are totally into each other and have no problems at all really. You should look into your future and see if you can imagine this guy, is he really what you want or are you just in it because you don't want to be single? ESPECIALLY if your not ready to have sex yet, he shouldn't be pushing you.





Hope I helped and you didn't get too narked at me lol.
just say, ';look i love you but i am sorry, i am not ready to have sex, and no offense but, pushing me is only making me not want to do it even more, just give me time and respect me wishes, you'll most likely going to get in sooner or later, isn't my body worth waiting for ?';


As to ignoring you, well, ask him if he knows he is kinda sorta ignoring you, if he says '; i am?'; as in he hasent noticed well, then he is a idiot, he probably jsut dosent think he needs to be more attentive, because his last relationship was long distence, so he dident have to be, hes probably just not used to it, talk to him and see how he reacts, from his reaction do what you feel you need too.





P.S the isn't my body worth waiting for, will probably make him feel rly bad


and if he is still a ***, tell him to kiss ur *** and come talk to me! oh and if he is dissing your friends, if there trying to flirt with him he probably thinks there crappy friends if there hiting on your boyfriend, i would but i would ignor them, he seems to be the more, **** you typ
hey, I also have a boyfriend of 8 months so we relate in that. through out my relationship and others I have learned that communication and honesty is key. it is important that you not talk to him about this in front of anyone for risk of embarrassing him. when you driving in the car or alone then bring it up. start off by telling him how much you value your relationship. then explain that you want to talk to him about something that has been bothering you. calmly but honestly explain your concerns to him. If he is the guy he sounds like he will be concerned and try to understand your point of view. If he breaks up with you I am terribly sorry and I know you don't want to hear this, but if he does your better off without him. because if you cant talk to him about this whats going to happen when something bigger comes up?
I know it is hard to hear now but you will some day realize the difference between good guys and bad guys. It seems like girls are attracted to the bad guys (and it seems like this one is) and end up getting hurt. Don't be in a hurry to have sex with anyone. Only give yourself as a special gift to someone deserving...and tell him that. Tell him when you act like you deserve me, maybe then I'll give in.


Don't settle for less that you deserve. Its a hard lesson to learn, trust me. I'm thankful to be with someone who truly cares how I feel and treats me with respect. I think you may need to get a little attitude with this one and let him know by your actions that you know what you deserve.
Are you kidding me? This guy is pretty much running you through, with all of his BS. I think YOU should be the one to break up with HIM and not the other way around. Because no offense this isn't a great guy at all. He just sweet talked you a bit to get you guys dating, but now his TRUE COLORS are screaming through. I mean there are so many red flags you just presented, that I'm surprised you haven't even realized that this isn't normal guy or relationship behavior. Get out while you can, don't try and save this relationship, its unsavable and you should have better things to do with your time.
Call him up and start by saying ';we need to talk...something has been bothering me and im not trying to start an argument but i cant handle it any more I know you want sex but im just not ready for it if you love me ..or (like) me you can wait just like me....'; and if you can think of anything else to say nice ot put in there ..that may help ...then for the friends part you can say.. ';would it be ok if you can give my friends a lil more respect and not bad talk them?'; ...Then after that make sure you ask him of anything that may be bugging him about you so that way your not sounding like he's doing everything wrong and not you ...because lol everyone isnt perfect unless if he thinks you are then thats sweet of him.And o i dont think your over reacting
if you're scared about speaking you're mind to him and telling him how you really think, i don't think it's a very good relationship in the first place.


you should be comfortable with stating your needs without worrying about breaking up. if you're that worried, it sort of sounds that you're a little too dependent on him





but it doesn't sound like you're overreacting. i think you should talk to him about all this.


if he's beginning to ignore you more and more, that's definitely a problem. and if he's pressuring you into sex, that's also not a good sign.





i say talk to him, but if it does lead to a break up, that may be what's best for you... it looks the relationship is going down hill from here anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment